The health and safety for our event attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers is of the utmost concern and priority of The Social Shake-Up. Below are resources for you to view regarding our commitment to safety. Our safety protocols follow the recommended CDC Guidelines for events and may be subject to change based on national and local restrictions and recommendations.
Update 8/6/21: We understand the growing concerns around the rise of the COVID-19 delta variant throughout the United States. As Social Shake Up participant, your health and safety are of our top priority. Please read below for more information on how we are planning to conduct a healthy and safe environment for all.
COVID – 19 Health & Safety FAQ’s
Are you requiring attendees to wear masks to Social Shake Up?
- We continue to follow the CDC guidelines, government and venue ordinances for the city of Atlanta, GA. As of Tuesday, July 28, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention expanded its guidelines; requiring everyone, even vaccinated people to wear masks in all indoor public spaces.
- We will continue to monitor these guidelines closely and provide timely updates accordingly to our attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and speakers.
- We will have masks and hand sanitizers on hand at the event for anyone who wishes to take one.
- All hotel and event staff including front desk, banquets and audio visual will be wearing masks at the event.
Are you requiring attendees to be vaccinated to attend Social Shake Up?
- While it is highly encouraged, we do not require anyone to receive a vaccination to attend our event.
- For more information on how you can get vaccinated in your area prior to our event, please click here. (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/How-Do-I-Get-a-COVID-19-vaccine.html)
Are you conducting temperature screenings upon arriving at the hotel or event registration?
- We will not be conducting temperature screenings upon check in to the hotel or the event registration.
What other safety precautions is the Social Shake Up team taking for this event?
- Attendee safety is our #1 priority and because so, WE commit to the following:
- Following CDC guidelines, government and venue ordinances closely
- Allowing for proper social distancing within our event space
- Providing masks and hand sanitizer for anyone who wishes to take one.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures for our event space
- Providing signs and badges that indicate if they prefer “Handshake Free” interactions
- GBAC Certified Technician on site
- All audio visual technicians are vaccinated.
What safety precautions is the venue, Hilton Atlanta Downtown, taking for Social Shake Up?
- As a part of Hilton International’s family, the Hilton Atlanta Downtown is committed to providing a safe and relaxing experience; for information about their initiatives related to COVID, visit www.covid.hilton.com You can also reach out to the hotel directly for more information about local health and safety requirements at 404-659-2000.
Our Commitment to Safety, Updated 8/6/21
Onsite Safety for Exhibitors
Onsite Safety for Speakers