8 Tips for Reframing Your Influencer and Social Media ROI
By: Katrina Julia
November 4, 2019
As a marketer, you’ve run many a social media or influencer marketing campaign. Yet, you may still find yourself at a loss as to how to determine the return on investment on your social media and influencer marketing.
The pressure is mounting: Your finance department (and your boss) want to know exactly what the ROI is on campaigns. And figuring out how to master social media metrics is no easy mountain to move.
In my measurement work across over seven industries, several principles have remained constant:
- The more aligned you are to your vision, mission and purpose, the bigger the return.
- It is essential to take a long-term approach to social media and influencer marketing.
- Be intentional about influencer work—know exactly what success looks like for every influencer campaign. Otherwise, your influencer bubble might burst.
- Figuring out your ROI for social media and influencer marketing doesn’t have to be complicated. To keep it simple, view media coverage and engagement like you do word of mouth.
- It is essential to manage and measure your metrics frequently. What gets measured gets managed: Adjust content and frequency of posts as you go.
- Identify what your brand or influencer are good at—in other words, the content that has repeatedly seen the most and highest-quality audience engagement. In assessing ROI, measure new posts against past top-performing content.
- Immerse yourself in social media resources and online communities of your peers working in social to learn and grow in new areas.
- If assessing ROI for your brand includes looking at how far your social media advertising dollars are going, this quick guide on paid social media may help you with your content and campaigns.
Remember: The essence of life and business is growing. This is what will help you win with your content, campaigns, and community. It is what will keep you going in the hardest of times. After all, if you don’t have a goal to grow into, how do you know if you are on the best route?
About the Author: Katrina Julia is a lifestyle and transformation expert. She is the creator and CEO of FIT Life Creation, an all-in-one lifestyle brand working on influencer marketing, fundraisers and brand placements within the wellness, lifestyle, media and travel spaces.
Katrina is an MBA, CPA and a NASM fitness and sports nutrition expert. She is also a keynote speaker, author and NPC athlete. She worked on “The Apprentice” season 4, and has worked across seven industries including retail, education, oil and gas, digital marketing, lifestyle, hospitality and more.
Connect with Katrina on LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter—or via her podcast.